You have made the decision to sell your home, you’ve contacted a real estate agent and now you are making small repairs to the inside of your home in the hopes of a quick sell. But STOP! What about the outside? Your yard is an extension of your home and you want to make sure that you are drawing customers in as they drive by. Here are some quick, low maintenance and helpful tips to help increase the curb appeal of your home!
- Paint your front door – a quick and rather inexpensive way to increase the sale of your home upwards of $6000. FUN FACT: According to Zillow the greatest increase in sales came from doors painted black or charcoal gray.
- Add potted plants to your porch – now that you have that fresh lacquered door you are going to want to incorporate plants/flowers that compliment it as well as the color of your home. Welcome your new best friend, the color wheel. It’s simple, find the color of your home and select the color across of it. VOILA! You have just mastered complementary color planting!
- Clean up your flower beds – it’s pretty simple, remove weeds, rake out any leaves/debris and add fresh flowers. A picture-perfect home front!
- Refresh your mulch – over time the weather and the sun start to take a toll on your mulch causing it to fade. Spend a Saturday afternoon applying a thin layer of mulch to the base of hedges and trees on your property to brighten it back up.
- Maintain your lawn – a vibrant green lawn that is well manicured is going to be one of, if not, the first thing people notice about your home. To keep your lawn looking it’s best, apply a fertilization treatment every 6-8 weeks. You also want to make sure that you are keeping up with your mowing. Future homeowners will be reluctant to view, yet alone purchase, a home where the yard is overgrown and will require a complete overhaul.
- Trim trees & bushes – Take a moment and go stand in front of your home. Do you notice shrubs overgrown and spilling onto your walkways? Are limbs hanging over your driveway and windows? Clean these things up, a few hours spent trimming and pruning will create a visible and inviting entrance to potential buyers.
- Clean all hardscapes – requires minimal effort but gives maximum results. By ridding these areas of mold, mildew, dirt and algae you are restoring the patio, deck, walkway, and other hard surfaces back to its original state. (always check with the professional who installed your hardscape for proper cleaning instructions)
- Update light fixtures – 86% of homeowners say that outdoor lighting is desirable or essential when it comes to decision making in the purchase of a new home. There are many options when it comes to lighting which range from inexpensive to break the bank but it’s an investment that helps to create a warm and one that should not be forgotten.
To find out how Total Package Landscape can help assist you in creating jaw dropping curb appeal to sell your home effortlessly, contact us today for your free estimate at 717-733-8911 or firstname.lastname@example.org